Thursday, April 11, 2013

memory 4---

just now, listening to a recording of Stilian Kirov conducting the ASO in Rossini's "Barber of Seville" took me back to the one screen movie theater in my little home town. there was usually a different feature film every weekend.  back in those days the movie was preceded by a cartoon. One week the cartoon might feature Woody the Woodpecker or Heckle and Jeckle or sometimes it was Bugs Bunny. at least for me, I looked forward to the cartoons more than the movies.  the princely sum of 25 cents got you into the theater for an afternoon of escape.

listening to the symphony play Rossini's piece took me back to a Saturday afternoon and Warner Brothers rendition of "the Barber" featuring Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd in the "Rabbit of Seville".  Just what the movie of the week might have been I couldn't say but I do remember this carton classic.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60Htv1t6sUU

them were the good ole days, I tell ya'!

aio

No comments:

Post a Comment