Sunday, May 13, 2012

mother's day, 2012



sitting here on this fine mother's day afternoon in the year of our Lord 2012, listening to dulcet tones of Bonnie Raitt's latest cd-- "slipstream", reveling in the irony of my being married nigh on to 36 years to none other than one Bonnie Raitt. 

no, not the one pictured above.  still she is of the same family tree but fruit of a different fork.  the aforementioned bonnie of blues star fame was born to john of broadway spotlight fame.  my bonnie was born to William C. aka "Bill" and wife Estelle.  That would make E. my mother-in-law.  I give her credit for raising a fine daughter, one schooled in the refinements of life.  by extension she exposed  me to things of which this dry land cotton farmer's son had no clue. 

it has been said that marriage serves to take the rough edges off a man. i'll be the first to admit that these last 35+ years have been good for me. 

and so on mother's day 2012 i say thank you to the lovely Estelle and to my Bonnie Raitt, wife-- and mother to our children, for all she's done for all of us through the years.

 i love you; yesterday, today and for all the days to come!

aio


                 
                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment