Monday, February 11, 2019

My best intentions...

recently i learned a new member of the fam has written a book.  while it is still in the first draft stage, i cannot express how much that impresses me.  back in the day i read a lot of western themed novels by max brand and the lot.  i think  i've read every one of louis lamour's tales featuring jim chee and joe leaphorn as the central characters. i loved reading dana stabenow's series featuring kate shugak.  her descriptions of alaska and its frozen countryside chill me to the bone. her words paint the beauty of Alaska's native peoples and their history.

i got it in my head. after reading so many of these well crafted tales that i would try my hand at penning a story of my own. much to my chagrin, i'm here to tell you I barely got past the opening line.  a fully formed first paragraph never happened. no next great novel sprung from this feeble mind.

that brings me back to how much i admire j.m. and all those authors who've afforded me hours of escape over the years. you are my heroes and i'm more than a little envious.

No comments:

Post a Comment