Wednesday, November 13, 2013

happy birthday....

                                                                            


It is hard for me to fathom that my first son, a son not by birth but my first son nonetheless, is going to be 44 years old today.  His mom has often said "the only reason he married me is so he could have him." While that is not true at all getting a son in the bargain was a bonus, one that has blessed me with a wealth of fond, funny and poignant memories. I've watched him grow into first a strapping youth, then a young man, becoming at last a responsible, productive adult. I've witnessed the life events that led him into a career in teaching where he is quietly molding young hearts and minds, imparting the ability to look within themselves and beyond themselves to see the possibilities.  He makes me proud.

Happy Birthday, Son!

aio 

No comments:

Post a Comment