Monday, March 31, 2014

back in the day...

                                                                           
                                                            
I saw this picture of an Afghan boy rolling a tire on the net today.  At once I was transported back in time to my early days growing up in the middle of that dry land cotton patch.  I remember making fun with old an old tire. My sister and I were about the age of the young boy above, the two of us rolling our tire along, racing to see who could get from here to there first without losing control.  It was in the years before we were old enough to take to the fields.  A time of innocence, of love and laughter. So long ago. When you grow up 7 miles from nowhere, fun is hard to come by.

aio
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment